Sahlab Ingredients – Serves 3 -5
4 cups milk or vegan soymilk
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sugar (to taste)
ground cinnamon (to taste)
unsweetened dried shredded coconut (to taste)
chopped pistachios (to taste)
1. Combine cornstarch and water in a small cup and stir well.
2. Add milk to a soup pan or dutch oven pot.
3. Stir in cornstarch mixture in milk before it gets warm.
4. Add in vanilla and sugar.
5. Must stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
6. Let boil for 2 minutes, meanwhile still stirring.
7. Serve in dessert bowls.
8. Top with cinnamon and coconut or just chopped pistachios.
9. It’s traditionally eaten hot, but I like it cold too, once it cooled off and firmed up.